Kinectrics and ArcWear offers a full testing service for cloth or barrier face coverings (also known as CFCs) in our laboratories as a “one-stop-shop”
- 20 samples are tested: ten new condition, ten after a maximum number of cleaning cycles (specified by manufacturer).
ASTM F3502 requires the following tests and cites the following standards:
- ASTM F2299 Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE)
- F2101 Test Method for Evaluating the Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) of Medical Face Mask Materials, Using a Biological Aerosol of Staphylococcus aureus
- ASTM F1862 Resistance to Synthetic Blood Penetration
- ISO 2859-1 Sampling Plans for Inspection by Attributes is the recommended sampling method for manufacturers to use for testing and quality assurance programs.
TEB-APR-STP-0059 Determination of Particulate Filter Efficiency Level for N95 Series Filters Against Solid Particulates for Non-Powered, Air-Purifying Respirators as required by 42 CFR Part 84 Approval of Respiratory Protective Devices.
ArcWear offers accredited washing to the AATCC 135 Home Laundry Standard the ISO 6330 Home Laundry Standard, or the NFPA 2112 Industrial Laundry Standard is offered to complete the standard requirements of ASTM F3502.
Arc, flame and thermal Testing
See our resources: