NFPA 2112 - Flash Fire
NFPA 2112 Standard on Flame-Resistant Clothing for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Short-Duration Thermal Exposures from Fire, is a commonly used standard specification for the evaluation of flame resistant clothing. In the most recent edition of NFPA 2112, gloves and shrouds, hoods, and balaclavas are included; certification programs for these products are available. The standard is cited by OSHA for those drilling in the oil and gas industry and used throughout the world in refining, chemical processing, combustible dust exposures and other garments to protect from momentary flash fires.
- ASTM F2700 – Heat Transfer Performance
- ASTM F1930 – Manikin Test
- ASTM F2894 – Heat and Thermal Shrinkage
- ASTM D6413 – before and after 100 wash cycles
- ASTM D7138 Method B – Thread Melt