ASTM F1861 Resistance to Synthetic Blood Penetration
Below is Kinectrics built “blood cannon”. Our expertise in mechanical engineering with the help of our “in-house” physicists created our instrument in record time during the COVID-19 crisis. Today Kinectrics accredited lab is the only lab in Canada doing all the tests in-house for medical masks. A true one stop shop with record turn times.
Ask about expedited testing.
- This standard measures the resistance of medical face masks to penetration by the impact of a small volume (~2 mL) of a high velocity stream of synthetic blood.
- Blood fired from “blood cannon” at set pressure for target performance.
- Visual check for blood penetration through the mask determines pass/fail.
- 32 samples tested: <4 failures for overall pass.
- Performance Levels:
- Level 1: 80 mmHg (450 cm/s),
- Level 2: 120 mmHg (500 cm/s),
- Level 3: 160 mmHg (635 cm/s).