TEB-APR-STP-0059 Determination of Particulate Filter Efficiency Level for N95 Series Filters
The TEB-APR-STP-0059 testing is required by NIOSH 42 Part 84 for non-powered air-purifying respirators. NIOSH regulates all products sold in the US but end users and competitors checking market products have turned to Kinectrics for our NIOSH-type respirator testing. Kinectrics testing has been useful for type testing and production testing checks or pre-test requirements before submission to NIOSH for certification. The test includes the following:
- 20 respirator samples are tested for a full evaluation.
- First three samples are tested to 200 mg NaCl loading.
- Remaining 17 samples are tested based on characteristics determined from first three load tests.
- TEB-APR-STP-0003 Determination of Exhalation Resistance Test, Air-Purifying Respirators
- TEB-APR-STP-0007Determination of Inhalation Resistance Test, Air-Purifying Respirators
- Similar to differential pressure in ASTM.
- Fully-formed respirator is tested mounted to an anthropometric headform.
- Airflow 85 liters per minute.
- Maximum allowable resistances:
- 25 mmH2O for exhalation; 35 mmH2O for inhalation.