ASTM F1506-17a published with changes to title, scope, and use:
- New title: “Standard Performance Specification for Flame Resistant and Electric Arc Rated Protective Clothing Worn by Workers Exposed to Flames and Electric Arcs“
- The scope now specifically excludes hand protection, which is appropriately tested to arc flash using the ASTM F2675 standard
- References to ASTM F1449 and ASTM F2757 are now included in the scope for care and maintenance guidelines
- Reworked Significance and Use section
- Edits to terminology, including discussion items and a definition for protective clothing
- In this revision, no changes to testing procedures and requirements have been made
Another version of ASTM F1506 is expected to be published in the near future. ArcWear performs ASTM F1506 testing and will provide updates on all changes as they are published.