ASTM F18 issues Call for Papers for the 2021 Symposium
EDIT: The Symposium has been postponed until October of 2021. Please watch for important updates and deadlines on our blog as they become available.
The ASTM International Committee F18 on Electrical Protective Equipment for Workers is planning its next Symposium for October 2021.
The Symposium aims to provide a forum for industry leaders to exchange ideas and current research on a variety of topics concerning electrical worker safety.
Symposium organizers are seeking papers on the following topics:
- Testing evaluations and research related to personal protective equipment used by workers with exposure to electrical hazards
- Correlation of Test Methods to Applications
- Opportunities for Improvements to Current Test Methods
- Opportunities for New Standards Based on Research
- Worker Personal Equipment
- Fall Protection for Arc Flash
- Gloves (rubber and protector)
- Fabrics, Garments
- Hoods, Faceshields, Balaclavas
- Insulating Cover-Up Equipment
- Tools and Equipment
- Mechanical Apparatus
- Inspection and Non-Destructive Test Methods for Aerial Devices
- Correlation between AC and DC testing between for voltage rated equipment
- Arc Flash and Related Topics
- Shock Protection and Related Topics
See ASTM’s F18 Symposium website for more details on the event as they become available.
Submit an Abstract Today
The submission period for abstracts is currently open. Prospective authors are invited to submit a 250-300 word abstract. All abstracts are to be submitted to ASTM using their online Abstract Submittal Form.
The deadline for submitting your abstract is Friday, February 14, 2020
Symposium leadership includes ArcWear staff
Alongside Steve Mayfield, ArcWear staff members Stacy Klausing and Brian Shiels are serving as Symposium Co-Chairs.